The other day my husband asked if I thought I could make a clean zucchini bread. Since we had come up with a great clean banana bread recipe a while back, I was certain we could adapt a recipe and make it our own. We started with this recipe, because of the extremely good reviews. Here is what we came up with.
3 cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup Truvia (you could use honey in place of Truvia, but my want to reduce the amount of almond milk)
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 medium sized zucchini)
1 cup almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree. Grease two 8×4 inch bread pans. Coconut oil works great.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix together eggs, oil, Truvia and vanilla extract.
4. Mix in dry ingredients, just until well combined. Don’t over-mix.
5. Add grated zucchini, and almond milk. You batter will look pretty dry and thick
6. Separate batter into bread pans. Bake for 40-50 minutes. You will know its done when you can stick a knife in the center and it comes out clean.
7. Let it cool slightly, then flip it out of the pan onto the counter or cooling rack to let it cool completely. Or eat it warm, that’s okay too!
I hope you enjoy the healthy version of zucchini bread! Did you try it yourself? Make any changes or improvements to our recipe?
Like what you see? Tell your friends!