Nails are one of those things, like hair, that you think just growing them wouldn’t be that tricky. But somehow, it kind of takes a lot of effort on my part to grow healthy, pretty, strong nails. I have gathered my 5 favorite tips into one place so that you can know what I have learned.
1. File in ONE direction Instead of filing back and forth, just file in one direction to prevent nails from splitting.
2. Supplements I have heard a lot of different things about whether or not supplements will really help you grow healthy nails. I did some reading and here’s the deal. Research shows that biotin is helpful to weak brittle nails, but don’t do much for strong healthy nails. So interpret that how you want, but I am going to keep taking my Hair Skin and Nails supplement.
3. Moisturize Not just your hands, but your nails and cuticles too. Finger nails are like skin and hair, they can get dried out. If you are super serious about your moisturizing you can sleep in cotton gloves at night to lock in the moisture.
4. Beware of AcetoneThat’s a tricky one for us nail polish lovers who like to change the polish often. There are acetone free nail polish removers available that will be less drying and damaging to your nails.
5. Use Nail Polish A coat of nail polishes actually locks moisture in your nails and keeps them strong and healthy.
Like what you see? Tell your friends!