We all want luscious lips. Here are some awesome steps to keep that pout looking perfect! Healthy lips look hydrated, plump, and age less quickly.
1. Drink Water! This should be a no brainer, but I think that a lot of time we forget just how important water truly is. Chapped lips are a sure sign that you need more water. Drinking enough water will replenish the lost moisture your lips and skin need. Thus, keeping your lips healthier from the inside out.
2. Exfoliate! We exfoliate our faces and our bodies don’t we? Why should we forget about our lips. Experts recommend exfoliating our lips at least once a week. Exfoliating gets rid of dry skin, exposing a fresh layer, it also allows your lip balm to penetrate the lips when there isn’t build up in the way. This helps your lips retain more moisture, making lips smooth, soft and oh so kissable! And if thats not enough, it helps prevent chapped lips. Win win!
Try these lips scrubs that don’t break the bank:
Or make your own! DIY Coconut & Honey Lip Scrub
PS Don’t scrub hard! Lips are a tender thin skin so BE GENTLE!
3. Moisturize and Seal the Deal! Lips that stay hydrated look healthy, plump, youthful, and luscious. Using a lip oil is a great way of moisturizing your lips. But also, wearing a lip balm with beeswax, paraffin, and petroleum jelly are great to seal the moisture in preventing your lips from losing its own moisture.
Try some of these lip products to maintain those beauties: Yes to Coconut Lip Oil ($5) – Rosebud Salve ($6) – Keihls Lip Balm ($9) – Lano Lips 101 Ointment Mulitpurpose Superbalm ($17) – Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask ($26)
Quick Tip: Olive Oil does wonders for hydrating lips. It also has antioxidants which are great for healing!
Also, Don’t lick you lips! This is a big no-no. Licking your lips may feel good in the moment to cool them, but your doing more damage than good.
4. Avoid Sun Damage! The sun is the best way to get wrinkles. Now you don’t need to avoid the sun, you simply need to take precautions to protect your kisser from premature aging. Not to mention, sun burns aren’t fun.
Here are some simple ways to prevent sun damage;
~Wear Sunscreen! Doctors are constantly recommending sunscreen, and for good reason! It protects you from the sun. And since we can’t really avoid the sun all the time, lets find a way to stay healthy in the sun.
Try these: EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm SPF 15 ($3.50) – Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm Sheer Tint with SPF 20 ($6) – Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 ($7.50) – Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 ($24)
~Wear a hat. Invest in a hat that you love. Whether it be a ball cap for a sporting event, a floppy hat for the perfect beach day, or even one of those fancy wide brim hats for the Kentucky Derby. Find a hat that you love and show it off! All while saving your face and lips from the sun!
~Use an umbrella. Umbrellas aren’t just for rainy days! I’ve used umbrellas from my kids outdoor sports; baseball, football, soccer etc… So bring an umbrella, not only does it guard against the sun, it can help cool you down in the middle of summer as well.
5. Plump those Puckers! Use a lip plumper with peptides at night before you go to bed. I leave mine on my night stand and every single night for over a year I apply a layer of my lip plumper. Now I don’t do this to “plump” my lips for everyone to see. I do this to help maintain the fullness of my lips. The peptides are key. Peptides are known to stimulate and improve collagen production and hyaluronic acid synthesis. Collagen helps give our skin strength and elasticity and hyaluronic acid secures moisture and creates fullness.
Convinced? Try these lip plumper and keep those lips looking youthful: NYX Pump it Up ($5.50) – Physician’s Formula Plump Potion ($9) – Jouer Lip Enhancer Conditioning Lip Treatment ($16) – Dior Addict Lip Maximizer ($33)
Just remember, you want your smile to last as long as you do. Take care of those lips!
Like what you see? Tell your friends!